Here are a collection of studies, reports and other materials either generated by the Captiva Community Panel or pertinent to the Captiva community:
SEA LEVEL RISE:
- The video of the Nov. 19, 2020, community forum on sea level rise’s impact on Captiva.
- Higher resolution versions of the inundation maps at 1 foot, 2 feet and 4 feet of sea level rise.
- The presentation, “Captiva Vulnerability Assessment,” presented to the Captiva Community Panel in June 2020
- The report, “Captiva Island Resiliency Assessment,” by Cheryl Hapke, Ph.D., from April 2020
- The presentation, “Sea Level Rise Adaptation Decision Support Framework,” presented to the Captiva Community Panel in October 2019
- The report and PowerPoint on “An Assessment of Coastal Vulnerability Due to Sea-level Rise and Increased Storminess, Sanibel and Captiva Islands, Florida,” developed by a team led by Michael Savarese, Ph.D., FGCU
- “Adaptation Planning Guidebook” developed by the Florida Dept. of Environmental Protection
- The straw poll materials on a septic-to-sewer conversion: The card, the summary and the longer committee report. if you want to share your feedback on the issue in a straw poll (responses needed by April 7, 2020), click here.
- The updated SCCF modeling of septic nutrient impacts.
- Jay Brown’s Wastewater Committee presentation from the Jan. 28, 2020, public meeting. This includes the septic system primer, the summary of Dr. David Tomasko’s findings and the centralized system alternatives (in that order).
- FGUA’s Nov. 12, 2019, presentation on Captiva’s wastewater expansion alternatives
- Dr. David Tomasko’s 2019 report on Captiva’s water quality and groundwater status, and Jay Brown’s summary of the report..
- The TKW presentation on the Captiva Wastewater Alternative Study from Jan. 23, 2019.
- The Captiva Wastewater Alternatives Study by TKW Consulting Engineers (August 2018), and a summary and comments from the panel’s Wastewater Committee
- “Septic Systems Vulnerable to Sea Level Rise”: A report on Miami-Dade County wastewater
- The Blind Pass Inlet Management Plan and Appendices (August 2018)
- Presentations by SCCF’s Rae Ann Wessel and U.S. Rep. Francis Rooney on Lake Okeechobee discharges (December 2016)
- A presentation on mangroves and permitting by local Florida DEP staff (September 2015)
- Presentations on SCCF’s water quality study of Captiva from March 2011 and April 2011
- A Florida Sea Grant study on Blind Pass from published in 2011
- A Marine Pollution Bulletin technical paper on Blind Pass published in 2012
- The revised Captiva Code as of January 2020, draft for community review prior to submittal to Lee County for adoption.
- The code letter and the parking letter mailed to Captiva property owners in January 2020, detailing the proposed changes to the Captiva Code.
- The complete Captiva Code research package provided to the panel in November 2018 (large file, be patient)
- The 2018 version of the Captiva Plan and the Captiva Code
- The current Land Development Code language for signs on Captiva
- The data and analysis report for the 2017 Captiva Plan amendment
- A summary of the 2013 Captiva community survey
- A summary and presentation of the 2010 Captiva community survey
- A 2017 road survey of Captiva Drive in the Village from Johnson Engineering
- A history of building height restrictions on Captiva
- A June 2020 package on fishing from the Blind Pass bridge prepared for Lee County commissioners.
- Captiva Community Panel bylaws
If you know of other studies that you feel should be included here, email the panel at firstname.lastname@example.org