June 9, 2003
Panel Members in Attendance: Hal Miller, Chris van der Baars, Ron Gibson, Rene Miville, Dave Jensen, Harry Silverglide
Panel Members in Attendance by Phone: Peter Koury and Gordon Hullar
1. Roll call was taken at 9:25. Harry Silverglide joined the panel as replacement for Elaine Smith, who resigned.
2. The minutes of the May 13, 2003, meeting were accepted as presented. Motion by van der Baars, second by Gibson. Approved 8-0
3. Ken Gooderham passed out copies of the policies already approved by the panel, which were printed in the Captiva Current. These policies will be submitted in September. Gooderham will fine-tune the language over the summer months. He will also make an effort to familiarize Tim Jones, Assistant County Attorney, who works with land use issues, with the policies before they are presented.
4. Regarding the discussion of potential LDC issues and procedures to implement the existing Captiva Plan policies, Gooderham has already discussed these with Jim Mudd. Gooderham walked the panel through potential methods to implement the existing planning policies, to prepare panel members for the next phase of work to commence in the fall.
5. Mike Mullins had to leave the meeting, but notified the group that no progress had been made on the water quality study group.
6. Harry Silverglide questioned if the CCP is notified when a zoning variance is applied for on Captiva. Gooderham will request notification of any requests to the panel in the future. It was stressed that the panel must be notified very early in the approval process in order to get involved. A question arose as to what level of permit would the panel want to be involved in? Should we set a dollar amount, i.e., any work requiring in excess of $75,000, $100,000? This fall the panel will invite speakers from Lee County to talk to us about types of permits, what kind of input we can expect, etc.
8. The meeting was adjourned at 10:35 a.m. by Hal Miller.
9. The next CCP meeting is scheduled for October 14, 2003, at 9 a.m. at the CCA building, 11550 Chapin Lane, Captiva